Sierra just released a new trailer for Most Wanted Entertainment’s upcoming PC real-time strategy game, Joint Task Force. The new trailer highlights the use of AGEIA’s PhysX hardware to enhance the fully destructable environment. I thought it was interesting as there are still precious few forthcoming titles with support for PhysX.
Is that extra degree of destructability really adding anything to the game experience? I suppose it’s inevitable that early PhysX support will end up as mere window dressing, since designing the game such that it actually requires the hardware would be financial suicide at this point. I’d love to see some physics-based games based on hardware physics acceleration.
- Ageia’s PhysX: Success or Failure?
- Walaber Releases Trailer for Gymnast
- Valve Releases Portal Teaser Trailer
- Hardware Effects Physics vs. Gameplay Physics
- World of Goo Gameplay Trailer!