PDA

View Full Version : Gta san andreas multiplayer

felcro
03-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Hi guys I know that gta san andreas ISN'T AT ALL a physics game.
But gta SA:MP (as they call it) has ALOT of stunt servers/drift etc etc.
So what are the physics in this? Well To do stunts successfully You need to balance the speed and direction you are going to which is REALLY physics based to me. You cant do car stunts if you just let it go 20 miles per hour going straight. As for the drifting parts you need to pay attention to your cars weight to successfully make a perfect drift (with original car cols).
I know this is a really stupid post..
(someone might quote above sentence and mock me)
BUT you need to perform things in this game just like what you would do in real life to make it happen. Even the billiards mini game has physics,

Here's the download link : http://www.sa-mp.com/download.php
Official site of gta SA:MP : http://www.sa-mp.com/
Here's a little bonus too: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=7471

Farbror Fazer
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I would not count this as physicsbased

turunen45
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I know this is a really stupid post..

Yes this is.

killimanjaro23
03-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Well felcro,this is a failed topic,to be honest,the topic is about the MOD,not the actual game,and no mod can make a game physics based with the possible exception of Black Mesa

akuryo
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Well felcro,this is a failed topic,to be honest,the topic is about the MOD,not the actual game,and no mod can make a game physics based with the possible exception of Black Mesa
What? Black Mesa is a god damn HL² mod, how does it make it more physic based than it's already?
(of course i got the misinterpretation, just saying that you're wrong.)

Colescheffler
03-19-2010, 01:23 AM

How does that specific mod which hasn't been released yet make Half Life 2 physics-based?

geel9
03-19-2010, 02:12 AM
What? Black Mesa is a god damn HLČ mod, how does it make it more physic based than it's already?
(of course i got the misinterpretation, just saying that you're wrong.)

Half life 2 isn't physics based at all.

flyboy95
03-19-2010, 05:00 AM
I disagree. HL2 contains physics based puzzles that are necessary to solve in order to continue in the game.

Kahari
03-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Seriously, has not the whether HL2 is physics based or not discussion been reopened in different threads enough now?

I would recomment MTA:SA instead of SA:MP, MTA is more(only) about vehicles and less about shooting.

ZRCollins
03-19-2010, 05:45 AM
Half Life 2 is physics based. You need to solve puzzles that are physics based to move on the in the game. That makes it physics based. I'm done.

Sorry, on a side note, I don't understand why this topic is still here.

b0xman
03-19-2010, 05:51 AM
i just seems like geel who thinks HL2 isnt physics based....

i like the idea of multiplayer sanandreas, and im glad i found it, but it probably isn't all that relevant here.

CaptainFunkaho
03-19-2010, 09:09 AM
i hate you felcro.. i hate you too geel

Farbror Fazer
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
HL 2 isn't THAT physicsbases. They got like 2 puzzles in the entire game which are VERY cheap.

1. A normal springboard, yaay.
2. Pushing up some shit with barrels.

Now if we're going to be pecky, and we are because right now we=me, both of these could be made without physics. They exist only because of valve bragging about cool physics.

But they are still there, so I won't judge how HL2 is physicsbased or not.

Ps.

I hate you all :p

geel9
03-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Let's look at an example.

Game 1: You have to manipulate a character's every limb in order to climb a staircase. Physics based.

Game 2: You have to climb a staircase, but this time there's no physics to the character. Barrels are falling down. When one hits you, you go ragdoll. The ragdoll is VERY physics based. Is the game? No. Fucking idiots

killimanjaro23
03-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Look,its my opinion,i also reffered that the MOD will be physics based since it uses Source

Also,we should stop discussing the Hl 2 thing again,i started it,sorry.

ZRCollins
03-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Geel, using your logic, almost any game under the sun that could be considered physics based is not physics based. Without the physics based puzzles, like the area where you have to use weight displacement to be able to ramp over a gap, you could not continue in the game. If this one aspect doesn't make the game physics based, this entire site is obsolete, because that would mean that actual physics based games are few and far in between.

geel9
03-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Geel, using your logic, almost any game under the sun that could be considered physics based is not physics based. Without the physics based puzzles, like the area where you have to use weight displacement to be able to ramp over a gap, you could not continue in the game. If this one aspect doesn't make the game physics based, this entire site is obsolete, because that would mean that actual physics based games are few and far in between.

An example of a physics based game would be a game where you use physics as the SOLE MECHANIC to fight/move/etc. Half-life 2 combines a lot of animation with a small amount of physics. IT IS NOT PHYSICS BASED.

Colescheffler
03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
An example of a physics based game would be a game where you use physics as the SOLE MECHANIC to fight/move/etc. Half-life 2 combines a lot of animation with a small amount of physics. IT IS NOT PHYSICS BASED.
Yeah. Some physics-based puzzles, but no physics-based core gameplay.

Also, how is this mod we know almost nothing about physics-based? (Black Mesa)

Fox-Fool
03-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Half-Life 2 was one of the first games to implement physics well.
It deserves some recognition.

DarkJee
03-20-2010, 06:01 PM
the problem is that this isnt HL2 thread, its GTA:SA Multiplayer, which is not physicsed at all lock plz

geel9
03-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Half-Life 2 was one of the first games to implement physics well.
It deserves some recognition.

It's an awesome game.

It doesn't deserve a spot in this particular forum, though.